Careers at Village Roadshow
Job no: 492554
Work type: Full time
- Based in our Corporate Head office at The Jam Factory in South Yarra
- Provide strategic input into improving IT service delivery
- Be a part of a truly collaborative team
In this role you will improve developer productivity and delivery speed by developing automation for operations processes. You will identify barriers between the Development and Operations functions and find solutions to accelerate collaboration between these functions and improve service delivery for our client group.
As the successful person you will have experience in both IT development and operations.
Reporting to the Team Lead Divisional Systems your key accountabilities include:
- Deployment of applications and services into AWS using a variety of automation tools.
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning and cost optimisation of cloud-hosted applications and services in AWS.
- Implementation of automation, auto-scaling, E2C scheduling and other practices to reduce cost and improve availability of cloud-hosted applications and services.
- Working with application development teams using continuous delivery practices and toolsets.
- Implementation and management of web application monitoring tools and services.
The successful applicant also needs to possess the following:
- Strong Windows skills (debugging, package management, performance tuning and administration).
- Proficiency with SQL databases.
- Experience with IT automation and configuration management tools (Team City, Octopus Deploy, Puppet and CloudFormation).
- Experience with development processes and source repository technologies such as TFS, BitBucket and Git.
- Experience with Powershell.
- Proficiency with automating, managing and monitoring AWS services (EC2, EBS, ELB, Route53, CloudFormation, S3, Cloudwatch, Autoscaling, VPC and RDS).
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, capacity/performance management and tuning and storage and network concepts such as subnetting, DNS and routing/switching.
- Experience with application monitoring tools and services such as AppDynamics.
We are looking for an action and results oriented team player to implement and improve processes.
In return, we offer a fun, vibrant and bright working environment, a diverse range of responsibilities and the opportunity to get involved in some great projects.
Applicants please visit: www.villageroadshowcareers.com.au.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp