Careers at Village Roadshow
Job no: 495527
Work type: Full time, Part time
Part-time & full-time positions available
$21.29 per hour Monday- Saturday, $31.94 per hour Sunday
What You’ll Do
As a Commis Chef you perform general and specialised food preparation and cooking duties ensuring a consistently high quality of food product and service while maintaining a clean, safe and hygienic work area.
How You’ll Do It
- Work effectively within a team environment to provide excellent internal service and to promote a positive working environment.
- Conduct food preparation and cooking duties ensuring menu items are prepared to recipe and quality standards.
- Apply and monitor food safety procedures to ensure all menu items are prepared and served in line with food safety standards.
- Report any issues that may affect kitchen operations immediately to the Chef De Partie.
- Ensure portion control and food quality while maintaining a clean, safe and hygienic work area.
- Be aware of meal times and the importance of speed, time, efficiency and presentation of all meals.
- Ensure all guest special requests, including dietary needs, are acknowledged and variations created.
- Mentor and motivate Apprentice Chef(s) to achieve a high standard of service.
What We’re Looking For
- Demonstrated experience working as a Commis Chef.
- Effective communication skills with self organisation, problem solving & time management skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of food hygiene and Food Safety program.
- Basic knowledge of customer dietary requirements such as food allergies & intolerances etc.
- Relevant Chef qualification(s) with Certificate III Commercial Cookery.
- Suitable knowledge of food safety.
- Accredited Food Safety Supervisor an advantage.
- Industry experience in high volume kitchen operations an advantage.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp