Careers at Village Roadshow
DevOps Engineer - Group IT
Job no: 496589
Work type: Full time
It all began in 1954 with the first drive-in cinema in Melbourne. Since then Village Roadshow has grown and evolved to become a leading international media and entertainment company with a diverse portfolio of businesses spanning Cinema Exhibition, Film Distribution, Marketing Solutions, Theme Parks and Film Production.
Village Roadshow’s Corporate area is responsible for managing the ASX listed entity on a day to day basis, with strategic, governance and shared services functions including IT, HR, Legal, Tax and Finance.
About The Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a passionate team of Web and Applications professionals based at the iconic Jam Factory in South Yarra. You will be performing hands-on automation tasks related to software development & deployment, operations and services. The role also involves improving the communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations personnel.
- Deliver hands-on automation tasks to manage the efficient, friction-less deployment of software and infrastructure managed as code.
- Provide execution of activities related to infrastructure, security, continuous integration, continuous deployment, IT operations and metrics.
- Collaborate with team and customers on the execution of uplifts in process and tool selection across build engineering, release engineering, configuration management and environment management practices.
- Collaborate with other System Administrators, Developers, Testers, Architects and Business Analysts to deliver desired outcomes.
Village Roadshow is a unique environment with a multitude of talented and influential people. Having the ability to influence and inspire at all levels is essential for success in this role. We are looking for the following key attributes.
- Proven experience with build and development tools i.e. Vagrant, Packer, Git/BitBucket, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Artifactory, NUGET, Unicorn, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, r10k, Bundler, Ivy, Subversion, Selenium, rspec, xUnit Frameworks and Gradle.
- Demonstrable experience with cloud environments, particularly AWS.
- Strong scripting skills, particularly PowerShell.
- Thorough understanding of Agile Methodology.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp