AWS Cloud Engineer
Job no: 496605
Work type: Full time
It all began in 1954 with the first drive-in cinema in Melbourne. Since then Village Roadshow has grown and evolved to become a leading international media and entertainment company with a diverse portfolio of businesses spanning Cinema Exhibition, Film Distribution, Marketing Solutions, Theme Parks and Film Production.
Village Roadshow’s Corporate area is responsible for managing the ASX listed entity on a day to day basis, with strategic, governance and shared services functions including IT, HR, Legal, Tax and Finance.
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the dedicated and forward-thinking Web & Applications team that has a wide reach across the business. In this role, we are looking for someone to own the AWS environment and rapidly develop solutions in response to client's business challenges, delivering measurable business value in alignment with client's business strategies. In addition, the following key responsibilities are integral:
- Design, deliver and support outstanding solutions in AWS for the hosting of multi-tiered, modern software applications, including Web applications, APIs, Integration and Microservice based applications and services
- Advise internal clients and stakeholders on the estimated effort, technical implications and complexity surrounding your designs
- Identify and exploit opportunities to improve solutions and service delivery within the AWS environment driving efficiencies, automation and cost savings whilst maintaining service levels and customer expectations.
- Provide sound and informed advice on new technologies and approaches, with room to learn, develop and grow
- Partner closely with the DevOps team to deliver platforms which support the seamless management of working software and ideas of innovation
- Champion within the business lean start-up approach based on design thinking as well as Agile, Lean and DevOps principles
We are looking for someone who is comfortable with rapid, hypothesis based testing and can focus on coding as we have an enablement team to support this role. It is essential that you have previously immersed yourself in an AWS environment and we’d love to hear about your examples of what you’ve been up to in this space. In addition, we are looking for the following skills / experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5+ years of technical professional experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with AWS
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, PowerShell, Java and JSON)
- Certified in MS50-733 (Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions) and SysOps Administrating on AWS OR DevOps Engineering on AWS
- Experience configuring alerting and telemetry for Web Services
- Knowledge across AWS CloudFormation
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL DBs such as SQL and MongoDB, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience working with SCRUM / Agile
- Knowledge and working experience with Devops automation tools such as TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Unicorn
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility
If you have the necessary skills and you’d like to be part of our journey please Apply Now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend