Careers at Village Roadshow
Job no: 496777
Work type: Full time
The opportunity to join a vibrant and rewarding entertainment business does not present itself every day. In fact, here at Village Roadshow our employees tend to stick around for a while! The people are what makes Village the company it is and right now we are looking for a bright Commercial Analyst to join our dedicated Roadshow team.
With responsibility for supporting Finance, Sales and Marketing across Film and Home Entertainment in physical and digital, this really is an opportunity to be in the thick of the action. In addition, the star candidate will be expected to do the following:
- Prepare profitability / feasibility analysis to aid the Sales/Marketing team, with a particular focus on business margin KPIs and different territory cost variances
- Analysis for all potential revenue streams; Film and Digital/ Physical SKUs (as per pre-determined go-to-market plan)
- Support Finance stakeholders as requested in regards to feasibility analysis, which will be used to inform acquisitions decisions
- Prepare product estimates, via comp title data for budget / forecast planning
- Support budget process as required for all revenue streams; Film, digital and physical home entertainment
- Work with Finance Business Partner on monthly forecast plan, assisting in providing variance to budget plan analysis
- Assist with tracking of business forecasts to support commercial planning processes.
- Working closely with the QLIK developer in building and making innovative adjustments to QLIK dashboards to maximise the ability of stakeholders key business decisions.
- Provide support to the wider business on the technical side of QLIK through training and creating dashboards by request.
- Where possible look to move current reporting into QLIK to streamline functionality.
- In conjunction with other members of the Business Insights Team, and in collaboration with Marketing & Finance, fulfil business / client reporting requirements:
- Performance tracking – Film and Home Entertainment
- Content partner reporting requirements as per Roadshow contract commitments, focused on market conditions (for clarity, the Finance team will report business financials to content partners including budgets and forecasts)
We are looking for that perfect balance of brilliant analysis skills and exceptional relationship building ability. If you are great at spotting trends and can use the information to help others make sound commercial decisions then we want to hear from you! The following skills and experience are required:
Skills and Experience:
- 1 to 2 years’ proven experience in a commercial analytics role within a retail or marketing environment
- Sound financial and commercial acumen
- Coding experience or a strong desire to learn
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of BI systems and tools (preferred)
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- A keen interest in film and television
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp