Careers at Village Roadshow
Accounts Payable Officer - 12 Month Fixed Term
Job no: 496835
Work type: Full time contract
It all began in 1954 with the first drive-in cinema in Melbourne. Since then Village Roadshow has grown and evolved to become a leading international media and entertainment company with a diverse portfolio of businesses spanning Cinema Exhibition, Film Distribution, Marketing Solutions, Theme Parks and Film Production.
Village Roadshow’s Corporate area is responsible for managing the ASX listed entity on a day to day basis, with strategic, governance and shared services functions including IT, HR, Legal, Tax and Finance.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a diligent and meticulous professional to join our supportive and friendly Accounts Payable team based at the iconic Jam Factory in South Yarra. The role of Accounts Payable Officer is responsible for performing the end-to-end AP functions across the Village Roadshow Group whilst maintaining a high level of performance and service. The main aim: to reduce the risk of default payments resulting in business development and growth opportunities.
Your key accountabilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Manage assigned Accounts Payable processes (Group email queries, OCR scanning, invoice processing, Payments, Reconciliations).
- Ensure the consistent and timely follow up of all AP issues.
- Prepare, review and submit reports when required i.e. Vendor Recs, payment proposals etc, including adhoc reporting where required.
- Ensure policy and procedures are adhered to and enhanced where possible.
- Escalate unresolved issues to relevant VRL management where required.
- Provide excellence in service to internal and external stakeholders.
Your attention to detail, coupled with your ability to drive processes through to completion will set you apart from the rest. Strong demonstrable AP Reconciliation skills are a must and any experience with SAP will be looked on favorably. In addition, we are looking for the following:
- Previous AP experience in a medium to large organisation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability to plan, organise and prioritise, with sound attention to detail.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo when it is clear there is opportunity for innovation and improvement.
- Ability to take initiative and use sound judgement on a daily basis.
- Leads by example, demonstrating a high standard of personal and professional values.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp