Careers at Village Roadshow
Corporate Development Analyst
Job no: 497080
Work type: Full time
Based in South Yarra’s iconic Jam Factory, Village Roadshow Ltd is a leading international media and entertainment company operating its core businesses in Cinema, Movie Production, Film, TV, Digital Distribution and Theme Parks.
About the Role
The opportunity to join our close-knit Corporate Development team does not present itself very often. With direct links to the Senior Executives, the team are able to influence and strengthen strategic decision making across the entire Village portfolio. This specific role analyses a multitude of core areas across planning, risk, M&A and organic growth opportunities.
In addition to building and maintaining the group five-year strategic plan in conjunction with key Executives, you will be expected to perform the following:
- Support Corporate Development team in delivery of corporate development / M&A activities including new projects, acquisitions and divestments – operationally and financially
- Identify and develop relevant ‘what-if’ scenario analysis of growth opportunities and M&A transactions designed to deliver increased profitability and shareholder value
- Monitor and analyse group and divisional capital management through a return on capital employed framework
- Prepare high quality analysis for Corporate Development GM to provide insight to the executive team on key business decisions
- Partner with other Divisions in preparation and financial modelling of business cases for new growth opportunities
- Assist in buy side / sell side due diligence
- Assist in maintaining accurate and timely bank reporting
- Work closely in the process of preparing board papers for growth opportunities under consideration
- Post-graduate qualifications in finance and accounting (ICAA)
- 1 – 2 years of experience in Big 4 – Transaction Services / Advisory
- Strong MS-Excel and MS-Powerpoint skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
If you are comfortable working effectively in a small team, often with very sensitive information, we are keen to hear about your experience. Please apply by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp