Senior Accounts Payable Officer (Maternity Leave Cover)
Job no: 497268
Work type: Full time contract
It all began in 1954 with the first drive-in cinema in Melbourne. Since then Village Roadshow has grown and evolved to become a leading international media and entertainment company with a diverse portfolio of businesses spanning Cinema Exhibition, Film Distribution, Marketing Solutions, Theme Parks and Film Production.
Village Roadshow’s Corporate area is responsible for managing the ASX listed entity on a day to day basis, with strategic, governance and shared services functions including IT, HR, Legal, Tax and Finance.
About the role
Village Roadshow are seeking a meticulous and dedicated professional to join our friendly Accounts Payable team at our Melbourne based office. The Senior Accounts Payable Officer is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable process whilst supporting and assisting the wider accounts team. As a key member of the accounts team, the successful candidate will identify areas of opportunities and implement these across the function. Consistency is key in ensuring a high performance from the team as well as diminishing risk of default payments.
Your key accountabilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Manage assigned Accounts Payable processes ensuring deliverables are met within SLA and timeline requirements
- Provide specialised understanding of the AP process, including training and guidance to the wider AP team
- Build and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure a high standard and great reputation of the function through service consistency
- Prepare, analyse or provide action on a suite of reports when required i.e. Vendor Recs, payment proposals and other adhoc reporting
- Identify and report on any potential risks via reporting and analysis
- Ensure policy and procedures are adhered to and enhanced where possible.
- Escalate unresolved issues to relevant VRL management where required.
- Support in fostering a supportive and positive team environment through leading by example coupled with the display of exemplary behaviours and attitudes
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are key to ensuring you succeed in this role. You will role model a customer-centric approach, whilst holding yourself and others to a high standard of output and service. As a proven leader with experience supervising within a FMCG or similar business, you will look to challenge the status quo, continually seeking innovation and enhancement opportunities.
In addition, we require the following:
- Exceptional attention to detail, planning, organising and prioritisation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership experience and qualities in both supervising and development
- Proficiency in SAP, Excel and other MS Suite products
- In depth knowledge of the full Accounts Payable Cycle
- Confidence to take initiative and use sound judgement on a daily basis.
- Leads by example, demonstrating a high standard of personal and professional values.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Apply now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend