People Business Partner
Job no: 497352
Work type: Full time
Who are we?
Village Roadshow Ltd is a leading entertainment company, offering a multitude of exciting employment opportunities. We operate our core businesses in Cinema, Movie Production, Film, TV, Digital Distribution and Theme Parks. The people at Village Roadshow are what makes it a vibrant, fun place to work and we strive to create rewarding and memorable experiences for our customers.
It is an exciting time to join Village Roadshow, and particularly our People team.
What is your role?
This role will provide operational and strategic people advice for leaders within Village Entertainment (which includes Cinema and Intensity divisions), whilst driving engagement and delivering on key people and change initiatives. This position is based in our Jam Factory offices in South Yarra and will work closely with our Head Office team, as well as focus on our Cinema and Intencity site locations.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Partner with leaders across the division to drive key people initiatives, whilst building strong relationships and credibility at all levels of VRL
- Develop sound commercial understanding of the Division and the operations, in order to identify insights and make credible recommendations to leaders
- Manage ER/IR matters end to end
- Work within the division to advise, guide and manage various people related matters, such as annual performance review, job evaluation, remuneration review, succession planning, recruitment processes and various people change initiatives
- Work with and interpret complex industrial instruments and make recommendations to meet business needs
What will I need to succeed?
A strong “people first” mindset is essential and your flexible, pragmatic approach will be backed up with a bucket load of resilience, integrity and tenacity. Tackling ambiguity will not feel like an alien concept and your collaborative attitude will make people feel motivated and part of the solution. If you are accustomed to a heavily structured and regulated environment, then the strong bias for pragmatism over perfectionism might not suit.
Your ability to provide reliable and professional advice, coupled with your strong consulting and sound coaching experience will stand you in good stead. With exceptionally well-developed coaching style and listening skills you will be seen as a go to trusted person for development and counsel. Your high degree of emotional intelligence will help you navigate and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment. Your courage and decisiveness to prioritize, to succeed – or to fail fast and move forward will set you apart from your peers and your proven ability to remain objective and discreet will further enhance the trust people have in you.
Your knowledge of Australian Industrial Relations framework and solid experience in enterprise bargaining agreement negotiations will come into play.
What are we are looking for?
- Tertiary qualification in HR/ Industrial Relations or a Business related field
- Experience interpreting awards, agreements, legislation and interpreting this into credible trusted advice and recommendations
- Experience with SAP and PageUp would be considered advantageous
- Sound understanding of working in either the retail, hospitality or entertainment industries will be advantageous
- Multi-site operational experience will be highly regarded
- Strong generalist and P&C skill set and experience
- Experience in transformation will be highly regarded
- Ability to build relationships and proactively engage with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Proactive attitude and proven track record of solving problems and making things happen
Can you see yourself immersed in a fun and exciting business with the scope to have a real impact on the culture? Do you want to flourish in a challenging yet rewarding environment? If the above description of the role resonates with you, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend