Inventory Management Consultant - 12 Month Contract
Job no: 497353
Work type: Full time contract
Cinema Exhibition is where Village Roadshow started. Village Cinemas is one of the country's largest cinema operators and is committed to developing one of the world's highest quality cinema circuits, enhancing the movie going experience with luxury, premium offerings catering for all occasions including Drive-Ins and Gold Class.
About The Role
Village Cinemas are seeking an experienced Inventory Management Consultant for the optimisation of the Food and Beverage purchasing and inventory control process across the cinema circuit. Working closely with the already existing purchasing and planning team, this role allows for an organised and structured planner to bring their expertise to life through reviewing and implementing best practice to improve policies and procedures around MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) in a fun and fast paced environment.
Reporting to the General Manager – Food & Beverage, the main activities of this role include;
- Communicating and reporting to relevant business divisions of inventory levels
- Monitoring the quality and field performance of inventory items, highlighting and communicating any areas of improvement to manufacturing or service executives.
- Working closely with the Food & Beverage and Operations Teams to define and act on a shared vision
- Establishing inventory ranges and requirements via sales, manufacturing and field statistics
- Assisting with the acquisition of product and consumables to meet demand forecast
- Monitoring actual inventory levels to ensure they remain within organisational guidelines
- Forecasting inventory requirements from sales and tender plans, whilst aiding where necessary in the purchasing and receiving of orders
- Training and coaching of the Purchasing & Planning team
- Monitoring and documenting stock levels and stock transfers
You will bring a hands on approach and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Your in-depth knowledge of Sales Forecasting methodologies and Supply Chain Management will be vital in maximising productivity and minimising loss of financial resources. You can execute with precision and already contain or are able to develop knowledge related to SAP and BI.
As a great communicator, you excel when leading and guiding a team coupled with excellent organisational skills to ensure deadlines and targets are met. Strong problem-solving abilities, diligence and cognitive skills are evident through similar past roles. Experience in implementation of process improvement in the Retail and/or Hospitality sectors is essential.
In addition to the above, we are looking for an energetic and motivated individual with excellent analytical skills. In return, we offer a fun, vibrant working environment, with a diverse range of responsibilities and opportunities including menu tastings, team building days, exclusive supplier events and much more!
Please note this role is a 12 Month Max term contract
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend