Careers at Village Roadshow
Bar Manager - Knox
Job no: 497436
Work type: Full time
Roc's Social is a brand new, standalone bar concept backed by Village Cinemas, a well-known brand throughout Victoria. This is a new and exciting chapter as we look to delight our customers after a very tough 2020. We are launching a handful of these unique bar venues in the South East of Melbourne, including this one at Knox, to enhance the customer experience in an upbeat and engaging way. Whether it is globally inspired menus, specially selected craft beer or the opportunity to socialise and have a bit of fun, there is sure to be something that excites our awesome customers when they visit one of our new concepts.
We are seeking a fun, welcoming and engaging leader to inspire a team of passionate bar staff into delivering excellent service our customers won’t forget! The Bar Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that guests are receiving quality service. In addition, you will be responsible for inventory checks, assisting in the planning of events, creating schedules, maximising profits whilst ensuring the health and safety of all employees and guests.
What will you be doing?
- Manage bar staff to ensure smooth service at all times, including the development and implementation of service models
- Ensure consistent, high quality preparation and execution of all menu items
- Ensure all food safety standards and bar best practices are met
- Ensure development and succession planning of all team members
- Work with Site Manager to develop and grow community programs including local area marketing
- Create and maintain a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons
- Assist with the recruitment and training of staff to ensure excellent service to patrons
- Work with the Assistant Site Manager to create effective schedules to ensure that bar is adequately staffed at all times
- Assist in achieving the financial accountabilities at Site
- Keep up to date with licensing legislation and maintaining Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Work with the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager to address any performance or feedback items of bar employees
- Ensure Occupational health and safety rules are enforced and followed
- Ensure you and your team comply with all VCA policies in place
What are we looking for?
- Previous Bar/Restaurant management experience is required
- Current RSA certificate
- Knowledge of day to day running of a licence venue
- Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Previous experience working closely with Chefs to deliver a premium food and beverage offering
- Previous stock control experience including maximising profits and minimising wastage and loss
- Proven experience in successfully managing a team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively delegate responsibilities and maximise resources
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment
- Experience with SAP and Vista or similar is advantageous
Our main aim is to ensure our customers have the absolute best experience possible! For this role we are looking for someone who is full of energy, adaptable and an all-round legend!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp