Careers at Village Roadshow
Front End Developer
Job no: 498264
Work type: Full time
- Great staff benefits and flexibility
- Opportunity to work on exciting and innovative e-commerce projects
- Work alongside a supportive, experienced and fun Agile development team
Based in South Yarra’s iconic Jam Factory, Village Cinemas operate at the core of Village Roadshow Ltd. The people at Village Cinemas make it a vibrant, exciting place to work and we strive to create memorable and rewarding experiences for our customers
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Front-End Developer to join the Village Cinemas Agile development team!
In this role you will support the business to develop and deliver innovative features for the Village Cinemas digital portfolio (including our new ticketing website). This is your chance to enhance the online experience of the millions of Australians who choose to watch their favourite movies with Village Cinemas.
- Work as part of a diverse Agile development team carrying out exciting enhancements to high traffic websites;
- Develop high-quality front-end experiences and digital features within a very collaborative team;
- Contribute to the definition and development of digital solutions with a team of passionate developers;
- Review current systems and re-design/re-implement outdated or inefficient business systems;
- Ongoing support of Village Cinemas digital portfolio to ensure customers are receiving the best possible experience and addressing any issues in a timely manner;
- Ensure current versions of code are always in place to guarantee a reliable environment;
- Ensure development processes are always being followed in-house and by vendors.
What can you bring?
- Experience with customer-facing applications/websites;
- Good working knowledge of Git and Atlassian toolset (Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence);
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp and Webpack;
- Strong UX/UI principles including responsive design;
- Experience working with REST API driven solutions;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Good understanding of working within an Agile environment, with previous involvement working with Agile principles;
- Excellent communication skills with a strong focus on customer service is a must!
Good to Have:
- Experience in backend development using Sitecore or any comparable CMS;
- Experience in utilising design tools such as Figma or Photoshop;
- Design/UX background
This role would be great for someone looking to grow their career and expand their knowledge within Development whilst working alongside a friendly and collaborative team! It would be best suited for someone junior-mid level.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp