Careers at Village Roadshow
Infrastructure Team Lead
Job no: 498266
Work type: Full time
Based in South Yarra’s iconic Jam Factory, Village Roadshow Pty Ltd is a leading international media and entertainment company operating its core businesses in Cinema, Movie Production, Film, TV, Digital Distribution and Theme Parks.
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to lead a team of passionate Infrastructure and Network professionals with the goal of delivering infrastructure services (Cloud, Systems, Networks) to the businesses, enabling continuous operations with maximum availability, all in a cost effective way.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and schedule the team’s day to day activities and job priorities;
- Contribute to project planning, delivery and completion;
- Ensure maximum system availability and performance to meet the needs of the business;
- Seek to provide a highly available environment and work closely with the Infrastructure Specialists & Architecture team;
- Work to ensure that new technologies are introduced within the environment to maximise efficiencies, reduce costs, and provide the best growth platform;
- Provide monitoring solutions across the environment that will help achieve other key accountabilities;
- Maintenance, Capacity Planning and implementation of server, storage & network environment;
- Management of network infrastructure across layer 2/3 environment, WiFi & firewalls;
- Continuous improvement of ITIL processes to support management of incidents, problems, and changes;
- Ensure that all fault tickets are logged in Service Now, correctly classified and update high daily, low priority weekly;
- Ensure system documentation is created and maintained for all changes;
- Management and engagement of key vendors and partners;
- Oversee and participate in all related change management;
- Provide reports as required, such as but not limited to performance, capacity, design specifications, alarming specification etc;
- Support the technical activities of other team members, providing a level of guidance to the team when it comes to technical activities in his/her technical domain;
- Undertake assessment & estimation of compute and storage related project activities;
- Perform budget estimates as required;
- Create short-form business cases as required.
Village Roadshow is a unique environment with a multitude of talented and influential people. Having the ability to influence and inspire at all levels is essential for success in this role.
We are looking for someone who holds the following:
- Significant previous experience as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in a similar scale commercial environment;
- Previous experience leading a highly technical team across Cloud, Systems & Networks;
- Experience working on projects to deliver technologically innovative solutions;
- Superior skills and experience in:
- SCCM, SCOM, Active Directory.
- Cloud Management (Azure & AWS)
- Office 365
- Proficient in backup solutions - Veeam;
- Ability to write technical reports, process and procedures and service documentation;
- Platform virtualisation technology experience (MS HyperV & VMware). Experience with both mandatory; VXRail highly desirable
- Storage solution experience, with Nimble & IBM preferred
- Highly self-motivated with the desire to drive personal growth and a commitment to a culture of continuous improvement;
- Ability to lead, contribute and absorb new ideas and concepts;
- Strong, independent problem solving methodology, demonstrating a commitment to a service delivery framework;
- Well organised and self-managed with an attention to detail;
- Proactive cloud / server performance reporting;
- Capacity management within an elastic environment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp