Head of Technology - Entertainment Tech & Apps
Job no: 499095
Work type: Full time
It all began in 1954 with the first drive-in cinema in Melbourne. Since then Village Roadshow has grown and evolved to become a leading international media and entertainment company with a diverse portfolio of businesses spanning Cinema Exhibition, Film Distribution, Theme Parks and Film Production.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group General Manager – IT, you will lead and manage the end-to-end IT Experience across our Digital, Delivery & Application channels. This role will work closely with the VRL IT shared services team to ensure effective delivery and support of our IT systems as well as allowing us to truly deliver outstanding experiences for our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities to implement and/or improve our information technology systems
- Initiate change to add value and enable the business to realise benefits and implement strategies
- Ensure VE receives the creative, management and maintenance of its information technology solutions to serve business goals using effective and cost-efficient methods
- Manage and maintain existing IT solutions, initiate changes to improve solutions where appropriate
- Manage and prioritise Entertainment projects to ensure that the businesses efforts are in the areas that provide the best returns
- Lead projects from initiation to conclusion, driving initiation analysis, design, development, testing and implementation activities with the project team
As a current leader within IT, you will bring an extensive knowledge in complex IT systems analysis, specification and development across the full IT lifecycle. You’ll have a strong ability to influence stakeholders both internally and externally to build positive and collaborative relationships whilst championing a customer first mindset!
In order to be successful, you will also have:
- Passion and deep understanding of emerging technologies including mobility, web and eCommerce
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills with the ability to relate well with all levels of staff, management and stakeholders
- Experience in leading and/or managing multi-site development teams across concurrent projects to successful results
- Experience in managing vendors and sourced services
- Strong understanding of business processes and sourced services
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
In return, we offer a hybrid working culture (with a bunch of great people), ongoing learning and development, health & wellbeing initiatives, as well as regular fun social events. Oh, and if you’re a movie and entertainment buff, then we’ve got you sorted with a great range of exciting employment benefits!
It’s an exciting time to be part of our Village family. If you’re keen to enhance your career with us, then we’d love to hear from you. Apply now!
Village Roadshow is a proud Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend