Mechanical Fitter - Rebuilds
Job no: 501158
Work type: Full time contract
Mechanical Fitter - Rebuilds
$43.11 per hour Full Time (Monday – Thursday Day Shift)
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Warner Bros. Movie World, Oxenford Gold Coast
Explore the possibility of creating memories that last lifetimes with a career at Village Roadshow Theme Parks! Our company comprises of Warner Bros. Movie World, Wet ’n’ Wild, Paradise Country, Australian Outback Spectacular, Village Roadshow Studios, Topgolf, Sea World and Sea World Resort. Apply today to see what employment opportunities await and find your dream job at one of the most exciting tourist attractions on the Gold Coast!
About the Perks!
• Unlimited free entry to our amazing theme parks
• Earn complimentary passes for family and friends
• Enjoy discounts on food & beverage, retail and animal experiences
• Enjoy a wide variety of discounts throughout our properties and access to our Village Employee Benefits App which is partnered with more than 65 major retailers!
• Exclusive and unique team member events and awards
• Reward and Recognition incentives and prizes
• On site Wellbeing Team and access to our EAP with 24/7 support
• Opportunity for professional development & internal training, we strive to grow our talent!
We are currently adding multiple new attractions and undertaking significant upgrades to existing ones at Warner Bros Movie World. To support these enhancements, we are expanding our ride shutdown and rebuild teams, and are actively seeking an experienced tradesperson to join our team in this new Fixed Term position.
As a vital member of Movie World’s Maintenance team, your duties will include routine safety checks, preventative maintenance and overhauls of some of Australia’s most thrilling equipment and attractions!
Your day to day:
• Undertake tasks relating to attraction rebuilds and shutdowns, and annual maintenance programs
• Respond to breakdowns on various equipment and partaking in various rebuilds and repairs of property within set timeframes
• Stock control and deliveries
• Ensure the safety of yourself and others by adhering to OHS procedures
• Obtain equipment licenses and undertaking training as required
• Complete daily tasks as instructed by the engineering supervisor
• Suggest improvements in work procedures in order to increase efficiency within the department
What you’ll bring:
• A minimum Engineering Cert III Mechanical Trade - level certificate.
• Post trade experience 2 years+ highly desirable
• Experience in breakdown maintenance and diagnostics
• Ability to read hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
• Welding and fabrication skills would be highly regarded
• Forklift license and EWP ticket beneficial
• Physical fitness to enable the climbing of ladders and stairs and be comfortable working at heights up to 60m
• Ability to work autonomously without constant supervision
• Experience with Maintenance systems such as SAP or Maximo would be highly regarded
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend