Careers at Village Roadshow
Senior Purchasing Specialist - 6 Month Contract
Job no: 496578
Work type: Full time contract
It all began in 1954 with the first drive-in cinema in Melbourne. Since then Village Roadshow has grown and evolved to become a leading international media and entertainment company with a diverse portfolio of businesses spanning Cinema Exhibition, Film Distribution, Marketing Solutions, Theme Parks and Film Production.
Village Roadshow’s Corporate area is responsible for managing the ASX listed entity on a day to day basis, with strategic, governance and shared services functions including IT, HR, Legal, Tax and Finance.
About The Role
Working primarily on the Purchasing Project in the Village Roadshow Group, this position will be responsible for end to end activities including, but not limited to, gathering & documenting business requirements, process analysis, gap analysis, policy drafting & testing, implementation and change management.
Ultimately, this role will work closely with the Senior Finance Leadership Team to deliver purchasing process improvements and efficiencies across the Village landscape.
- Identify and ensure key process improvements are validated and prioritised.
- Work in close alignment with the Senior Finance Leadership Team to agree an implementation plan and then deliver the outputs from this plan.
- Utilise analysis and observations from previous reviews to determine a clear plan of action to improve the purchasing process.
- Prioritise tasks / initiatives from summarised data.
- Assess the benefits of key outcomes.
- Align the outcomes with the overall Finance Transformation strategy.
- Present findings to the Senior Finance Leadership Team.
- Implement the approved actions.
- Provide train the trainer sessions to enable SMEs to own the change.
- Understand how the agreed components of the plan fit together and analyse the impacts on different areas of the business.
- Draw on previous experience and best practice from other organisations and advise on approach to ensure the best fit for Village Roadshow.
- Manage stakeholders who might be resistant to change through the process.
This role would suit someone with demonstrable end to end purchasing project experience in a SAP environment. The role majors on delivery so it is essential that you have the skills and experience to be able to enact and realise benefits, influence senior stakeholders and drive the outcomes.
- Previous purchasing experience in a SAP environment is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in analysing preformed data, influencing direction and delivering outcomes to change purchasing processes.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills.
- Exceptional ability to understand the political landscape and be cognizant that the “one size fits all” approach is not always applicable.
- Ability to deliver when faced with adversity and reluctance to change.
- Open and approachable with a high degree of self awareness.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp